- Work with the Center Manager ensuring the excursion timetables are carried out according to the standard and bespoke schedules
- Accurate record-keeping
- Student transfers
- Offer constructive support
- Communicative, welcoming and approachable
At a glance
Use the tabs below to see summaries of the different aspects of this position:
- To perform all duties and tasks expected from an Activity Leader.
- To be jointly responsible with line management for the smooth running of the leisure program including excursions and airport transfers.
- To assist the Excursions Manager/Activities Manager in all aspects of planning, improving and delivering the Excursions program.
- To lead and assist with both arrival and departure airport transfers, providing a positive first and last impression of LAL Summer Schools.
- To manage the allocation of staff to the Excursions program.
- To lead activities and excursions and assist with the development and training of Activity Leaders on excursions, ensuring students’ safety and well-being at all times.
- To actively encourage students to fully take part in the excursions program.
- To ensure that all aspects of the excursions program run smoothly and safely.
- To assist in daily administrative and pastoral tasks as requested by line management, including meal monitoring.
- To lead fun, engaging and safe activities for the students.
- To be fully engaged with students and International Group Leaders in the rigors of summer school work, providing excellent customer service while delivering the LAL Summer Schools product.
- To consistently ensure the welfare of the students remains paramount.
- To live on-site, board and lodging provided as part of the salary package, from four days prior to the start of the course to attend induction training, until the end of the last contracted day.
- To carry out all tasks concerned with the setting up, administration and closing down of the course as advised by line management.
- To address any issues, complaints or suggestions made by students, International Group Leaders or host venue representatives, by ensuring that the relevant LAL staff are made aware.
- To act in a friendly and professional manner with all of LAL’s agents, clients and staff and not to engage in any activity which may bring LAL or the designated host school into disrepute.
- To assist all students, International Group Leaders and LAL agents to derive the maximum benefit from the course.
- To follow all LAL policies and procedures.
- To read and be fully conversant with all training materials relating to the role, prior to the start of the period of employment.
- To both lead and attend all required meetings with staff, fellow senior staff, International Group Leaders and host site representatives.
- To assist students in being on time for meals, transport and all excursions, including supervising at meal times on a rota basis.
- To assist Welfare Manager and House Parents where necessary, in ensuring students are in their accommodation on time and in bed.
- To be flexible to carry out any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Summer School management team, either in center or at Head Office.
EssentialYou must be eligible to work in the US (LAL do not sponsor visas)
- High School Diploma
- Computer literate with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel
- A good understanding of child welfare
- Very good level of spoken and written English (CEFR B2 minimum, e.g. FCE/IELTS 5-6.5)
- Experience in a summer school environment
- Experience working with young people
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Meticulous and thorough approach to work
- Effective people management skills
- ‘Can do’ approach to work
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and a team mentality
- Ability to work under pressure and be adaptable
- Knowledge of foreign cultures
- Responsible approach to working with juniors
- Interests in foreign and local cultures
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Educated to A Level or degree level standard
- First aid / life guarding qualification
- Driving license
- Experience managing planned excursions
- Experience managing a team
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Experience using Office 365
Don’t forget to fill in all the fields marked with a red *
What we do
LAL works hard to ensure to the satisfaction of our students who come to study with us and improve their English year after year. A talented and hardworking team is absolutely essential in achieving this, and we aim to assist our employees by doing the following things:
We aim to motivate our employees by providing them with a friendly and positive working environment, supporting them in the best way necessary and setting realistic and achievable targets and goals.
To ensure that our employees fully understand the way that the company works and the procedures in which they need to follow, a series of clear and concise Policies and Procedures are set out and are easily accessible for staff to read and understand.
Hard Work and Dedication doesn’t go unnoticed at LAL, and employees undergo regular performance reviews to ensure that they are happy and doing well. Employees are rewarded in the form of Long Service Awards, Employee of the Month Awards, Birthday Presents, Christmas Letters and Christmas and End of Summer Parties.
Related Job Openings
This one not for you? Why not have a look at what other job openings are available at UK Summer Schools?