Business Development Manager (MENA Region)
- Deliver and achieve agreed monthly and annual sales targets for the Gulf and Middle East countries.
- Increase student sales from the Gulf and Middle East countries by identifying, engaging and negotiating contracts and closing sales with new and suitable clients/ customers.
- Calculate costs accurately and quickly to provide customers with quotations.
- Respond to incoming enquiries using appropriate communication channels to keep track of progress on all sales.
- Implement the company’s annual sales and marketing strategy.
- Initiate and build LAL business via various methods e.g. cold calling prospective agents and local businesses.
- Manage and abide by the constraints of region budgets and support in the collection of due payments to LAL.
- Potential to represent LAL at B2B trade fairs, workshops, events and meetings with the Gulf and Middle East countries.
- Develop relationships with existing agents/partners in person and appropriate communication channels.
- Identify individual or group requirements for English language and leisure and provide information on all relevant products in an appropriate manner.
- Develop a clear understanding of students, agents and business requirements.
- Ensure high standard relationships are maintained with existing agents /networks whilst developing and establishing excellent relationships with new customers and networks.
- Communicate effectively in an appropriate manner to external customers, institutions and internal LAL colleagues to maintain productive and lasting business relationships and ensure end customer satisfaction.
- Observe and comply with relevant codes of conduct and protocols.
- Keep up to date with industry news and reacting to any potential opportunities.
- Advise on forthcoming product developments and special offers.
- Work with the Marketing team on strategy & campaigns.
- Identify and liaise with the Marketing team to ensure appropriate market research is conducted.
- Support marketing activities – translating brochures and other sales material into Arabic in liaison with the Marketing team informed.
- In liaison with the Marketing and the B2C team in South Africa, support social media activities/tools in Arabic as required.
- Any other relevant tasks as requested by the Head of Global Business Development.
- Excellent level of sales experience needed, ideally in education industry
- Must be an actual resident of Saudi Arabia or Jordan
- Able to regularly meet partners face to face in their offices
- Salary expectations must be mentioned when the application is submitted
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business and Management related subjects
- Strong customer service background
- Experience in customer focused role
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to provide high standard of customer service
- Accuracy and attention to detail with all work
- Fast learner with a passion for sales and marketing
- Commercial awareness and willingness to achieve targets
- Numerate and able to calculate costs with accuracy and keep accessible records
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent internet and IT skills, Microsoft Office applications and Outlook
- Willingness to work non-standard hours
- A keen interest in satisfying internal and external customers
- Perseverance and diligence
- Team player
- Occasional domestic and international travel will be required
- English Language Qualification
- CRM knowledge is desirable
- Previous sales experience
Don’t forget to fill in all the fields marked with a red *
What we do
LAL works hard to ensure to the satisfaction of our students who come to study with us and improve their English year after year. A talented and hardworking team is absolutely essential in achieving this, and we aim to assist our employees by doing the following things:
We aim to motivate our employees by providing them with a friendly and positive working environment, supporting them in the best way necessary and setting realistic and achievable targets and goals.
To ensure that our employees fully understand the way that the company works and the procedures in which they need to follow, a series of clear and concise Policies and Procedures are set out and are easily accessible for staff to read and understand.
Hard Work and Dedication doesn’t go unnoticed at LAL, and employees undergo regular performance reviews to ensure that they are happy and doing well. Employees are rewarded in the form of Long Service Awards, Employee of the Month Awards, Birthday Presents, Christmas Letters and Christmas and End of Summer Parties.
Related Job Openings
This one not for you? Why not have a look at what other job openings are available at UK Summer Schools?