- Ensure efficient purchasing by assessing pricing between suppliers including effective management of service contracts.
- Oversight of purchasing by other employees.
- Maintain up-to-date records and communicate with the CFO.
- Calendar of events and office deadlines.
- Company debit card management.
- Petty Cash.
- Debt Collection.
- Asset registry management.
- Supplier reconciliations and payments.
- Invoice authorisations.
- Submission of tax returns to SARS.
- Ensuring all submissions and payments to SARS are made on time and SARS status is up to date.
- Be point of contact for HR consultants SEESA.
- Overseeing Human Resources, implementing policies, procedures, and communication with staff.
- Identify knowledge gaps and suggest appropriate strategies on how to close them.
- Advertising for vacancies and drafting job descriptions in liaison with the General Manager.
- Pre-screening prospective employees and short-listing.
- Training – includes induction training and staff development.
- Maintenance and development of the employee handbook.
- Act as a mentor and confidante to all staff.
- Employee welfare.
- Ensure employees have appropriate certification (e.g. first aid, health and safety).
- To monitor, prepare and record:
- Time and attendance.
- Payroll and accurate processing thereof.
- Payroll allocation.
- Health insurance policies.
- Employee files and related documents.
- Supervise the Cleaning Staff.
- Supervise the Security Staff.
- Provide customer service support to students with regards to their bookings, payments, and deposits into the school safe.
- Payroll Technician qualification or equivalent experience
- Matric, including Maths and English, or equivalent
- Accounts qualification or equivalent experience
- Previous Payroll Experience
- General office administration experience
- Experience of using full range of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Flexibility in approach to learning and understanding new things
- Numerate and ability to use a calculator and perform basic arithmetic
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Willingness to work non-standard hours when necessary
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise workload and deal with conflicting demands
- Attention to detail
- Eager to learn and operate new IT systems
- Positive on learning new skills
- Matric education or equivalent
- AAT or equivalent
- First Aid/Health and Safety Certificate
- Experience of Using Payroll Software
- Language School Experience
- Experience of using Office 365
LAL Cape Town
LAL Cape Town
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
Don’t forget to fill in all the fields marked with a red *
What we do
LAL works hard to ensure to the satisfaction of our students who come to study with us and improve their English year after year. A talented and hardworking team is absolutely essential in achieving this, and we aim to assist our employees by doing the following things:
We aim to motivate our employees by providing them with a friendly and positive working environment, supporting them in the best way necessary and setting realistic and achievable targets and goals.
To ensure that our employees fully understand the way that the company works and the procedures in which they need to follow, a series of clear and concise Policies and Procedures are set out and are easily accessible for staff to read and understand.
Hard Work and Dedication doesn’t go unnoticed at LAL, and employees undergo regular performance reviews to ensure that they are happy and doing well. Employees are rewarded in the form of Long Service Awards, Employee of the Month Awards, Birthday Presents, Christmas Letters and Christmas and End of Summer Parties.
Related Job Openings
This one not for you? Why not have a look at what other job openings are available at UK Summer Schools?