Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Take overall responsibility for all aspects of the Operations Department including leisure, welfare, transfers and accommodation
- Liaise when necessary with external parties (such as host home providers, transport providers, group leaders, etc) regarding all issues related to operations and leisure
- Management, planning, supervision and implementation of Young Learner Programme, including liaising with International Group Leaders and supervision of activity leaders
- Oversee and manage all aspects of student leisure with a focus on sales and quality assurance of leisure activities; manage the budget for leisure for the school
- Creating, obtaining and maintaining suitable marketing content in the form of testimonials, as well as pictures, video and written materials; responsible for all branded materials that the school uses locally
- Ensure client literature related to all departments is current and available
- Managing student welfare issues such as crime, health, visas and accommodation; managing the welfare/ emergency phone protocols and rotas
- Overseeing the maintenance of student records on the V:drive and Class
- Ensuring students use and feedback on LAL Advantage/LAL Life, and follow up on feedback, resolving any negative issues timeously, and capturing any further positive feedback for testimonials
- Ensuring that student queries and issues are followed up on and resolved in a timely manner, including initial disciplinary action to be taken
- Management of reception area and staff, including Receptionist and Student Services Officer; assist visitors, students and suppliers in a friendly, professional and efficient manner
- Management of student transfers and arrivals; managing the student orientation process and ensuring a smooth start to all students’ stay, including welcome packs, rooms keys, etc. for an effective check-in
- Managing the communication around the school including posters, signs, notice boards and all important information being disseminated to students
- Provide support/ back-up assistance to the Estate Manager’s duties as it relates to operational issues, when they are not available
- Provide IT support to the school and local staff, in tandem with IT Helpdesk support from LALLC/ FTI as required
- Ensure property is maintained to a standard suitable to ensure guest satisfaction and concerns are addressed quickly and to the satisfaction of parties concerned.
- Basic decorating, general repairs and maintenance with a focus on student-facing areas
- Manage external contractors in relation to specified building works or cleaning
- Check service history and warrantees on boilers and other items ensuring compliance, maintenance and renewal as necessary.
- Ensure access keys and codes are kept securely and records are maintained to
- ensure appropriate use.
- Ensure health and safety and other rules for guests are adhered to and liaise with the school for further action where rules are breached.
- Any additional duties as required by the business
Education, Training and Knowledge
- Matric or equivalent
Relevant Work Experience
- General office administration experience
- Experience in customer service role for small sized company or larger
- Experience of use of Microsoft Outlook and Word
Skills and abilities
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Willingness to work non-standard hours when necessary
- Proactive attitude towards complaint resolution
- Excellent communication skills
- Clean police record
- Willingness to undergo a polygraph test
Relevant Work Experience
- Language School Experience
- Experience working in a similar position
Skills and abilities
- Ability to speak and write in languages other than English
- Driver’s license
Don’t forget to fill in all the fields marked with a red *
What we do
LAL works hard to ensure to the satisfaction of our students who come to study with us and improve their English year after year. A talented and hardworking team is absolutely essential in achieving this, and we aim to assist our employees by doing the following things:
We aim to motivate our employees by providing them with a friendly and positive working environment, supporting them in the best way necessary and setting realistic and achievable targets and goals.
To ensure that our employees fully understand the way that the company works and the procedures in which they need to follow, a series of clear and concise Policies and Procedures are set out and are easily accessible for staff to read and understand.
Hard Work and Dedication doesn’t go unnoticed at LAL, and employees undergo regular performance reviews to ensure that they are happy and doing well. Employees are rewarded in the form of Long Service Awards, Employee of the Month Awards, Birthday Presents, Christmas Letters and Christmas and End of Summer Parties.
Related Job Openings
This one not for you? Why not have a look at what other job openings are available at UK Summer Schools?