At a glance
Use the tabs below to see summaries of the different aspects of this position:
Role Specific Responsibilities
- To prepare lists of required transfers quotes (standard and special) and once received putting quotes into coherent spread sheets for Transfer team to work with.
- To liaise with the Summer School Operations Manager (SSOM) and Summer Schools General Manager (SSGM) about any relevant amendments/improvements or changes that will improve the overall success of the transfers.
- To prepare and conduct transfers training for LAL US staff (full time and seasonal) including, SSOM, SSGM, USSS & YLP Recruitment C0-ordinator as well as on-site operational staff including Center Manager, Leisure Manager, Office Manager and Excursions Co-ordinator.
- To ensure all requests to/from internal staff are issued/responded to in a timely manner to guarantee schools are able to deliver smooth transfers.
- To carry out all tasks concerned with the setting up, administration, and finalizing summer schools and young learner program transfers.
- To be responsible for all decisions made in regards to the summer schools transfers.
- To produce the relevant documentation for the transfers department including estimates summaries, transfers schedules, Activity Leader schedules, and Transport Schedules.
- To run and check reports on ‘Infospeed Class’ as required.
- To chase flight details as required.
- To train, manage, and support the Summer Schools and Young Learner Programs Transfers Co-ordinator including expectation setting and constructive feedback.
- To be vigilant in providing and creating improvements to all aspects of transfers with the aim of reducing expenditure whilst increasing efficiency, effectiveness, transparency, and simplicity for other parties involved.
- To liaise with the SSOM and SSGM on a regular basis and act as the middleman of communication, ensuring all messaging flows promptly.
- To liaise with Summer Schools and Young Learner Programs management teams in ensuring the smooth running of all aspects of the transfers program.
- To complete the relevant appraisal documentation for the Transfers Co-ordinator and complete an appraisal with the SSOM.
- sufficient for the successful management of transfers.
- To ensure, when not on duty, that all pertinent information is available for LAL Summer Schools and Young Learner Programs staff and they are appraised of all necessary information.
- To be fully engaged with students and International Group Leaders in the rigors of summer school work, providing excellent customer service while delivering the LAL Summer School product.
- To consistently ensure the welfare of the students remains paramount.
- To live on-site, board and lodging provided as part of the salary package, from five days prior to the start of the course to attend induction training, until the end of the last contracted day.
- To address any student or International Group Leader complaints or suggestions, ensuring that the relevant LAL staff are made aware.
- To act in a friendly and professional manner with all of LAL’s agents, clients and staff and not to engage in any activity which may bring LAL or the designated host school into disrepute.
- To assist all students, International Group Leaders and LAL agents to derive the maximum benefit from the course.
- To be flexible to carry out any other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the Head Office team.
- a) Educated to degree level or equivalent (A)
- b) Computer literate with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Outlook & Excel (A)
- c) A good understanding of child welfare (A/I)
- d) Very good level of spoken and written English (CEFR B2 minimum, e.g. FCE/IELTS 5-6.5)
- a) Experience in a summer school environment (A)
- b) Experience as a line manager (A)
- c) Experience in a high pressure environment (A)
- d) Experience working with young people (A)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- a) Meticulous and thorough approach to work (I/R)
- b) Effective people management skills (I/R)
- c) ‘Can do’ approach to work (I/R)
- d) Strong time management skills (I/R)
- e) Excellent communication skills and a team mentality (I/R)
- f) Ability to work under pressure and be adaptable (I/R)
- a) Some knowledge of foreign cultures (A/I)
- b) Responsible approach to working with juniors (I/R)
- c) Interests in foreign and local cultures (I/R)
- d) Satisfactory background check or equivalent (police check)
- a) First aid / lifeguarding qualification (A)
- b) Current Cambridge CELTA or Trinity TESOL Certificate (A)
- c) Driving license (A)
- a) Experience in a similar role in the language travel industry (A)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- a) Knowledge of a foreign language (A)
- b) Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Office 365 (A)
Don’t forget to fill in all the fields marked with a red *
What we do
LAL works hard to ensure to the satisfaction of our students who come to study with us and improve their English year after year. A talented and hardworking team is absolutely essential in achieving this, and we aim to assist our employees by doing the following things:
We aim to motivate our employees by providing them with a friendly and positive working environment, supporting them in the best way necessary and setting realistic and achievable targets and goals.
To ensure that our employees fully understand the way that the company works and the procedures in which they need to follow, a series of clear and concise Policies and Procedures are set out and are easily accessible for staff to read and understand.
Hard Work and Dedication doesn’t go unnoticed at LAL, and employees undergo regular performance reviews to ensure that they are happy and doing well. Employees are rewarded in the form of Long Service Awards, Employee of the Month Awards, Birthday Presents, Christmas Letters and Christmas and End of Summer Parties.
Related Job Openings
This one not for you? Why not have a look at what other job openings are available at UK Summer Schools?